How in the world can you tell the difference between a bay and a bow window? They look SO similar.
But there are a few subtle differences between a bay and a bow window. And we’re going to tell you what those are!
- Let’s begin with the basics. A bay window has three angled panes of glass. Whereas, abow window, has more than three panes.
- Because of the additional glass panes of a bow window, they allow more light to enter a room.
- Also because of the additional panes of glass, bow windows are usually wider.
- Bay windows are designed to protrude farther from your home.
- Because bay windows protrude farther, you can design a beautiful window seat inside your house. A great spot to read a book, or just sit and relax. (You know how much we love The Window Seat.)