EVoyaj – 3D Printed Solar Electric City Car Project
An Open Source Project
Advisory Team: Engineers and Teachers from The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering of Iasi.
Design & Engineering Team: Imprint Tech and GrabCAD Engineers and Designers.
Design Contest: Organized by Imprint Tech and GrabCAD.
– Electro and solar mobility as partial solution to environmental problems.
– Safety: A strong, reinforced body, lightweight vehicle.
– Open Source: Vehicle designed by GrabCAD engineers or teams, reducing cost and time of vehicle design and prototyping.
– MicroFactory: Vehicles built by small businesses in Micro Factories: new and existing regional Automobile manufacturers that are operating in niche markets.
– Dematerialization: Manufacturing 3D printed cars that use less material and energy. Through dematerialization and 3D printing we MUST design very low number of parts- the challenge is under 40 !
There is already a precedent with Strati car:
Image Courtesy of Local Motors